Ji Yon Hwang-Ki, M.D.
18403 Clear Smoke Road, Boyds, Maryland 20841
- United States Citizen, Naturalized
- Born in South Korea, but raised and attended secondary school in Spain and Ecuador.
- Moved to Montgomery County, Maryland at the age of 18 and resided there ever since (except for 3 year residency in New York City)
- Married with 3 daughters. Residing in Boyds, Montgomery County.
- University of Maryland at Baltimore County (UMBC), 1995
Degree: B.S. in Biology, studied with Honors, 3.93 G.P.A.
- Han-Yang University, School of Medicine, South Korea, 2001
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, October 2002 thru June 2004 : Internal Medicine Observership
- Maryland Board of Physicians License No. D66159
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certified
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Flushing Hospital Medical Center (New York, USA)
- Fluent in English, Korean and Spanish
- Founder, JiKi Medical Associates, LLC, Rockville, Maryland, 2007 thru present
- Immediately upon completion of Internal Medicine Residency in New York City, returned to Maryland and built a sole practice starting with zero patients in an 800 square foot office and 1 receptionist to a present thriving roster of over 3300 patients of diverse backgrounds in a 2000 square foot office and 5 employees.
- Preceptor to Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in my office. Supervise and train Nurse Practitioner candidates and Physician Assistant candidates in a clinical office setting as part of their educational training by direct care of patients.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- President, Korean American Medical Association of Greater DC, MD and VA (KAMA). Elected President for 2014-2015 and 2017-2019 of KAMA, a professional organization representing over 200 Korean-American licensed physicians in all practices and specialties.
- Planned and coordinated community outreach medical seminars staffed by KAMA member volunteer physicians targeted to the Korean-American general population seeking greater medical knowledge. Responsible for fund-raising, fiscal management, continuing education and networking events.
- Planned and coordinated bone marrow education seminars and donation events targeted to Korean-American community.
- Member, KAMA, 2007 thru present.
- Volunteer, Korean Community Service Center (KCSC). Provide medical screening and staff health fair clinics organized by KCSC.
- Volunteer, Korean American Scholarship Foundation. Provide support for scholarships for merit and need-based qualified students.
- Volunteer, Korean American Coalition for Comfort Women Issues. Provide support for organization seeking recognition and compensation for women abused as sex slaves in military conflicts.
- Deacon, Bethany Korean Presbyterian Church, Gaithersburg, Maryland. Deacon at one of the largest member Korean-American churches in Maryland.